Pittston Memorial Library Sustainable Fund Campaign Status
The Library is Back Open!
For the safety of all staff and patrons, the following guidelines are set in place:
1. Masks are required to be worn while visiting the library.
2. Patrons may browse the collection and take items out
3. All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
4. Social distance guidelines will be observed within the library.
5. A total of 15 patrons can use the library at one time.
6. There are no public computers available at this time.
7. There are no public restrooms or public seating
8. All library materials will be returned in the book return. Returned materials will be placed in quarantine for seven days.
9. Staff will make photocopies and send copies and faxes for patrons.
10. Curbside pickup requested by phone will be available for patrons who do not want to enter the library.
11. The Community Room is closed to all outside groups.
For the safety of the staff and other patrons, we ask that you stay home if you’re sick.
- Patrons cannot reserve materials from other Luzerne County Library locations at this time.
- If a patron does not have a library card, they can apply for one here.
Students entering Grades K-1st
Students entering Grades 2nd-4th
Students entering Grades 5th-12thand Adults
You have been asking and the library is happy to announce that we are now accepting book donations. We are looking for hardcover fiction, cookbooks and children’s books at this time.
Please drop off donations only during business hours. Thank You!
Our Amenities Include
- Computers for Public Use
- Interlibrary Loan
- Meeting Space
Your Community Library
Welcome to the Pittston Memorial Library website. Our mission is to enrich the lives of our users through innovative services & quality resources. Through information, education, and recreation, we seek to stimulate creativity, intellectual curiosity, and to be a center for lifelong learning in the Greater Pittston Community.
Since 1951 we have been a thriving public library that is an integral part of the lives of the community. Located at 47 Broad Street in Pittston, Pennsylvania, our library houses the Weinberg Children’s Room & the John P. Cosgrove Center.
We offer programs for infants through adulthood with an emphasis on personal enrichment. Not only can you borrow books and e-books but we also have an extensive DVD & audio book collection for all ages. If we do not have what you are looking for we offer interlibrary loan through the LCLS as well as the State of Pennsylvania. We have free Wi-Fi & public computers. We offer fax & copying service for a minimal fee.
The library is a member of the Luzerne County Library System. We provide educational opportunities, materials, and services free of charge, to all residents of Luzerne County for their personal, educational, recreational, and professional needs.
Online Library Resources
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,
Tom Wolf, Governor.