Pittston Memorial Library kicks off it’s sustainable fund campaign
We are Back for Porch Pickup!
- The Pittston Memorial Library is closed to the public, however, the library is providing porch pickup. Patrons can call the library at 570-654-9565 to schedule a pickup.
- During this closure, patrons can reserve only Pittston Memorial library materials.
- Scheduled pickup hours will be Monday: 2:30pm-4:30pm, Tuesday: 10:30am-2:30pm, Wednesday: Closed, Thursday: 2:30pm-6:30pm, Friday: 10:30am-2:30pm, Saturday: 9:30am-12:30pm, Sunday: Closed
- Patrons cannot reserve materials from other Luzerne County Library locations at this time.
- If a patron does not have a library card, they can apply for one here.
Our Amenities Include
- Computers for Public Use
- Interlibrary Loan
- Meeting Space
Your Community Library
Welcome to the Pittston Memorial Library website. Our mission is to enrich the lives of our users through innovative services & quality resources. Through information, education, and recreation, we seek to stimulate creativity, intellectual curiosity, and to be a center for lifelong learning in the Greater Pittston Community.
Since 1951 we have been a thriving public library that is an integral part of the lives of the community. Located at 47 Broad Street in Pittston, Pennsylvania, our library houses the Weinberg Children’s Room & the John P. Cosgrove Center.
We offer programs for infants through adulthood with an emphasis on personal enrichment. Not only can you borrow books and e-books but we also have an extensive DVD & audio book collection for all ages. If we do not have what you are looking for we offer interlibrary loan through the LCLS as well as the State of Pennsylvania. We have free Wi-Fi & public computers. We offer fax & copying service for a minimal fee.
The library is a member of the Luzerne County Library System. We provide educational opportunities, materials, and services free of charge, to all residents of Luzerne County for their personal, educational, recreational, and professional needs.
Online Library Resources
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,
Tom Wolf, Governor.